ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Sunday, January 23, 2005

Holy crap, I woke up in a snowglobe!

Since Chicago's winter actually proved itself as the mean, nasty bastard it can be, this weekend turned into a little bit of a bust. Friday morning I found out that Hem had sold out. Mother lover, one of the only times that I didn't buy tickets ahead of time. Although tempted to run up to Schuba's & try snagging an extra ticket, the weather drove my sorry ass into bed before 10. Which actually turned out for the better, seeing as the next morning I got up to ingest a half of a pot of coffee, followed by putting some laps in at the pool. Coming out of the rec center, I felt like I had been transported into a snowglobe. Boy, does that make you skip home. Saturday night turned out a better night on the town, anyways. I went with some friends to the Abbey to listen to some friends of theirs in a group called Royce. Now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy my fair share of 80's tunes. However, among those Hall & Oats never come to mind. That is unless my bro & I are blotto, which has, on more than one occasion, brought out a duet of off-key Man-Eater. That, my friends, is quite a sight to see & an easy blackmail opportunity for those in our presence. Back to the story, these guys did a cover of the song "I Can't Go for That" that proved my Hall & Oats-resenting-ass (thanks to mom & the fact that they pretty much just plain suck) really wrong. Turned into a really fun night. To top the weekend off, I hit the woods by mom's house for a terrific snow jont. It's finally sunny out here so the sky was bright blue & the snow sparkled. The creek running through, the mallards herded on the ice & a whole lot of people out there enjoying some fresh air, be it x-country skiing, walking, jogging or just taking advantage of the scenery, made it impossible to not induce perma-grin for a solid hour. Spectacular. And now, pulling an old college move, I showed up at mom's home with laundry. Which essentially translates into a good excuse to spend most of the day with her. What a lucky girl. Hopefully, tomorrow I won't go back to work to any computer crashes, sporadic printers or unruly copy/fax machines. (the latter always pushing my buttons the most frequently) Until then, my plan is to enjoy the shit out of the rest of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home