ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Friday, February 11, 2005

Doesn't get much more darkly poetic

I fucking love The The. Matt Johnson is a lyrical genius. I just heard Slow Emotion Replay & have come to the conclusion that every time I hear that song it just gets better. The whole Dusk album kicks the ever-living crap out of 99% of what's out there in terms of longevity listening.

The more I see
The less I know
About all the things I thought were wrong or right & carved in stone
So, don't ask me about
War, Religion, or God
Love, Sex, or Death
Because....Everybody knows what's going wrong with the world
But I don't even know what's going on in myself.
You've gotta work out your own salvation.
With no explanation to this Earth we fall
On hands & knees we crawl
And we look up to the stars
And we reach out & pray
To a deaf, dumb & blind God who never explains.
Every body knows what's going wrong with the world
But I don't even know what's going on in myself.
Lord, I've been here for so long
I can feel it coming down on me
I'm just a slow emotion replay of somebody I used to be.

Holy crap. Simple & eloquent way of communicating some very complex thoughts. Run to the store & buy it. Get ready for some dark, disturbing psychological elements. But hey, hasn't that been a constant running theme of the week?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home