ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Monday, March 14, 2005

Goin' to California

For the concert of the year in San Jose, starring none other than Def Leopard & Bryan Adams. One night, one stage. Okay, okay, I'm not seriously going. However, I did seriously go to Apostle of Hustle & Stars on Saturday night & popped my Empty Bottle cherry. I saw A of H w/ Luna @ the Abbey a few months ago but not Stars. This time A of H brought a female flamenco dancer, who not only played the castanettes & used her feet as a percussion instrument, inspired myself & date of the evening (thanks K!) to pick up Flamenco as opposed to tap next term. Added bonus, K & I received one of the worst pick up lines from 2 of the most obnoxious men I've ever heard speak. Scene: K & I standing by the wall roughly 2 feet apart. The taller & less obnoxious of the undynamic duo behind us pokes his head between ours & asks us "if we think she's sexy", referring to the Flamenco Dancer Lady. K attempts to stare straight ahead. However, I saw him out of the corner of my eye & looked over to respond with "no, not particularly". K's face erupts in a puzzled look as she asks "do you think he was trying to find out if we're lesbians?". Granted, two girls at a show together is questionable but I told her that I thought it was more his testing the waters for receptiveness. To which we set a very clear tone that we were not, in fact, looking to talk to these men. So A of H's part of the show just plain rocked. Stars came on around 11:45 to greatly impress, as well. If the chance comes around again, will definitely make a point to see them. One of the larger happenings of the night was that K got a chance to meet Dr. Danger, the completely ambiguous lack of relationship or whatever the fuck it was of a few months ago. Since we decided that Merlin, the Teste-faced cat was to be incorporated in as much conversation as possible, she commented that Dr. D's cuter than M, tt-fc, (which I'd have to agree with) & that Dr. D's a nice guy (which I'd also agree with). He & I had dinner earlier in the week, where he gave a much needed twist of perspective which helped out quite a bit. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to thank him for that. Maybe if I remember if we talk again. For now, I've gotta stop thinking about that & concentrate on working.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home