ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Probably would have rather the sharp stick in my eye

Holy crap. The opening band for Animal Collective last night sucked (see: title). The closest thing to saying something nice remains...uh, that was interesting. And although I really try not to dwell on the "not so much" stuff & stay with positive feedback, this is my blog so fuggit.
AC opened with a bang of great to sporadically lose my attention because something was just a little off. Worth the dough, lack of sleep & seemingly sardine can surroundings, yes. These guys looked like they were having a great time on stage & gave off some really fun energy. So it wasn't so much them, it was more the Empty Bottle. Their sound seemed too big for the place & the insane amount of people muffled some artistic possibility. Maybe it was the tribal percussion that made me feel like I should've been dancing around in the woods, bonfire ablaze. Regardless, it was still enjoyable. Plus, I had some really good company. (confidential to lurker: thanks for going with me) Enough, enough, surprise grant waiting for answers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home