ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, August 11, 2005

i'm your only friend...


i'm not your only friend but i'm a little glowing friend but really i'm not actually not your friend but i am

Today is officially Early 90's Releases Stuck in my Head Day

Sometimes I swear there's a James bug that crawls into my brain & embeds itself only to remind me to pull out some older stuff & irritate the hell out of me until I can get home & do so. Doesn't help that Born of Frustration makes a nest within my cerrebral tissues when I feel frustrated, which further frustrates me. Thanks brain, I'd much rather TMBG right now. "Feeling frustrated"? What's with you and all these stupid feelings lately? Well, I found out last night that the apartment I really wanted. "The Alley", remember? Well, it was leased on Tuesday night. Wah. Well, that & stupid liars that lie but it's not really lying because there's some truth to it. Only they lie to get my goat & get me all worked up & feel hurt. So you talked to your stepmom. Ding.

So get over it. Okay, I'll try but she has a femullet & that's just wrong. Shut up. You used to own an all Hypercolor outfit (remember the socks?).

____ is the new ______.

After Lolla... a friend of mine emailed to see how it was. I'd responded that the music was the only good thing about it (& getting hit on by a guy in a Ted Nugent shirt. Yeah. Nuge). Too hot & entirely too expensive & I wasn't feelin' too keen on the crowd vibe. $5 for Bud Light=ludacris. Also, I'd noted several people walking around at the concert with Lolla... gear on their bodies. Wow, there are either a lot of sloppy eaters or people who spontaneously burst into flames & had to buy new clothes around this place, I thought to myself. (note: was real drunk the first day) Once my mind cleared up a bit I realized that wearing the concert clothes at the concert is the new wearing the concert tee-shirt to school on Monday morning when we were like 16. Sweet. Apparently, this trend has taken hold of the pubescent population of urban areas (or at least Chi), as I saw several people sporting Ben Folds gear at the Ben Folds show @ Ravinia last night. Despite the inability to smoothly maneuver through a crowd to get to the "smoking area", it was great. Usually the herd of people talking in the middle of a walkway will drive me nuts. Kinda like three people going the same speed in all 3 lanes of 294. Rufus Wainwright put on a wonderful, soulful performance. Ben Folds did a great job of keeping the performance at a pace where he didn't lose your attention, even if unfamiliar with the songs. But everybody knew Brick, so they all sang along. If I actually liked that song or everyone sang along to Evaporated I would have been a little bit more peeved but it ain't a fav so it didn't matter so much. The disgusted look on Nick's face when this occurred was totally worth listening to a few bars of off-tune fellow-listeners. Ha ha ha!

Since this was another kinda lame post, I'll leave you with a lame joke. But only the question. Provide me with the answer & win a prize.

Q: What did the fish say when he swam into the wall?

10 Comments:

Blogger Conti said...

Q: What did the fish say when he swam into the wall?

A: I wish the pain would FIN-ish.

4:41 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Buzz.

Note: from here on out, "Ding"=yes, "Buzz"=no.

Sorry Conti. But keep trying. Maybe you'll win some mistletoe.

4:44 PM

 
Blogger erin said...

what did the fish say when he swam into the wall?

"fuuuuuck."

one time i was at a show and my boyfriend at the time bought me a shirt and tried to make me wear it right then because i guess i was dressed too slutty and getting too much attention. i didn't wear the shirt.

4:59 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing job on your Blog! I'll definatly be coming back. If you're interested, check out my PS3 vs XBOX360 blog that shows unveils all th secrets there are to know between these two mecca systems.

5:15 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Erin: Buzz

Your story's awesome. Are you going to play The Feud tonight? I think I might be bringing another ice cream cake (yum yum!). Lemme know. I'm off work in 20.

5:23 PM

 
Blogger Ajax said...

Damn!

2:30 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Ajax got the lame joke!

2:47 PM

 
Blogger ica said...

I don't know if he got it. Wouldn't it be "dam!"

3:47 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

And the judges ruling:
either way is acceptable.

It's a pun, get it?

4:55 PM

 
Blogger Belinda said...

Just thanks for referencing TMBG. There IS a little birdhouse in my soul.

1:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home