ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Cheeeeeeeeese


Wanna know what I do most mornings?

No

Okay, then. I won't tell you.

Good

So I have an assignment at work. It's a very special assignment & I probably shouldn't even be telling you about it but I will. Sssssshhhhhhhh...secrets! Ha ha. Just kidding. It's totally no big deal.

Operation Photographer.

Yeah, so in between stuff being sent to me for Monday's deadline I'm walking around taking pictures of these science guys (& 2 science ladies) to put up in a Faculty Directory. And man, oh man, are they adorable & hilarious. It's really quite endearing. 2 of them have asked if I could wait for a couple days since they were going to go get haircuts but didn't want the picture right after the haircut so they wouldn't look silly. A couple have wanted a 'jungle theme' & positioned themselves among a bunch of plants (one of which was the cute, young, hot-to-trot prof who I'm all 'Tarzan & Jane?' no, not really i just was all shy & like 'um, do you like any of these?'). One of them wanted me to take a picture of him with his molecule. Another one wanted a small stuffed whale in the picture (he's the one who comes into my office & farts loudly & pretends nothing happened) & then read me quotes out of the Webster's Quote Book for like 45 minutes & looked up my initials in the Medical Acronym Dictionary.

Early Memory, Ejection Murmur, Electromagnetic, Emergency Medicine, Erythema Multiforme, Erythromycin...just to name a few.

So that doesn't really take all that much energy since it's just pointing & shooting & smiling & listening to Thanksgiving stories, so my mind starts to wander. Lots of different stuff comes into my brain but I stay focused on one thing in particular...dinner. See, I made egg salad last night after America's Next Top Model (THANK GOD JAYLA'S FINALLY GONE!) only I didn't make it as well as I usually do. It needs more salt. So that left my tastebuds expecting more. Yearning for something & the orange just didn't cut it. So now I'm sitting, waiting, obsessing over what I want for dinner. Should I make pasta? ice cream? soup? maybe all of them? And then I think of the time & preparation which would go into any of them, right, since the kitchen's still not totally clean from Saturday night. But then I think hhhmmmmm....I could do laundry & clean & make dinner at the same time. But if I do that, then swimming after work wouldn't be such a great idea because I would end up staying awake until like 1 a.m. because I'll get distracted & we all know how the 2nd half of doing laundry take 3x as long as the first half with the folding & all, which I don't want to do. But I do want to swim, I think. So where does that leave us? Is there an us? What if I'm taking everything out of context.

I'll probably end up getting some Taco Bell.

11 Comments:

Blogger Conti said...

You know I really love egg salad but I don't eat it very often. I don't know how to make it. Will you please share your recipe?

1:54 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Sure. What's your email? It's a little long.

1:56 PM

 
Blogger Conti said...

mrc@mail.utexas.edu

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Ajax said...

Wow, that is a crazy self-portrait!

1:00 PM

 
Blogger nk said...

I think you should get a picture of a mathematician with a number.

4:35 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Ajax: the pink brings out my eyes, yes?

NK: that will be my next mission. I know people in that department. Maybe I'll go around to all departments & get their 'mascots' & post them.

4:39 PM

 
Blogger ica said...

That photo is unbelieveable.

Hey my schedule should be way open later this week, like probably Wednesday or Thursday. Yeah, I'm suggesting NUEVO LEON BABY!

8:11 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Shitcha!! You have a date for Thursday. Wednesday being America's Next Top Model & all, which you're welcome to attend, too.

1:32 AM

 
Blogger JaG said...

I wish we had Taco Bell in Holland :(

12:18 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Hash bars & no Taco Bell? Has the world gone mad?!?!?!

2:20 PM

 
Blogger The Innominate Blogger said...

Nuevo Leon? I had better get a phone call.

8:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home