ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Is that you, Santee Klauss?

Despite a near breakdown buying wrapping paper today, I'm finally in the Christmas spirit. Why, may I ask, must the holidays put a smile on people's faces? Shouldn't we act kindly towards each other on a regular basis? Well, at least once a year the population tends to open up its collective wallet to charities (& of course, the economy misses none of this). Back to wrapping paper. Although I've thrown loose many of my previously 'anal' behaviors (see: the word 'thing' should not come up in any writing vehicle unless completely justified should not haunt my mind & the unacceptable use of 'to be' verbs) or at least tucked them away for the time being in the realization that there are more important activities to focus on right now, wrapping presents in very pretty ways will never leave this shorter than average person. Just because I wait until the week before Christmas should not mean that I can't find paper & ribbon to go together. After 30+ minutes of grabbing & matching (or mismatching in this case), I finally threw the towel in & decided on a blue with silver stars paper & silver ribbon. (note: the silver ribbon is NOT the one that I wanted but apparently Target does not feel the need to overstock gift wrap...bastards should know but since merchandise sells for less there, you are temporarily forgiven).

Is it parenthesis day?

Regardless, thank goodness Nick has some patience with such ridiculous behavior. Much love for enduring a slight tantrum. So there they sit, several lovely packages, under the tree just waiting for someone (plural) to tear them apart. I can't wait! Cookies for the neighbors fill the apartment with a sweet aroma. Ah, how nice. This year I have not told anyone their gifts (well, okay one, but there remains a good explanation as that I feared the gift would end up bought by the person in the next week). Other than that, I've refrained. Surely, da bro has not yet opened a gift when he didn't already know what it was until now.

But it's so difficult to keep wonderful surprises!

Speaking of wonderful surprises, tomorrow night's ice skating night (with flasks, cupcakes & fried chicken). Woot woot! Hopefully 5 hours of sleep will fuel me for an undoubtedly amazing adventure with Miss Mastermind. Laundry=done. Cookies=done. Time for bed=now.

This Austenish post brought to you by 3 beers & Taco Bell (tm).

7 Comments:

Blogger nk said...

They allow fried chicken on the ice? I guess they really do do things different down there.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Electronsean said...

mm! Taco Bell! When walking by, I can never resist the soft taco.

12:50 PM

 
Blogger Conti said...

Austenish! I live in Austin! wooo!

2:52 PM

 
Blogger J-Mo said...

Send some spirit this way. I've still got none.

4:55 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

NK: yes, we are some weird mo fos

ES: THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE LOVES THE BELL!!!!! Mexican Pizza (no meat) are radical.

Conti: What's Austin?

J-Mo: Will do my best. If you are in town I will make you cookies & you can sit by my tree & drink cocoa & come ice skating with us. I think I still have some nog from this weekend, too!

5:41 PM

 
Blogger ica said...

I don't know if you noticed but the beginning of this post rhymed a bit with faces/basis and I loved it.

3:53 AM

 
Blogger walterbrooks6677 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home