ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Sunday, December 18, 2005

One more new year's resolution bound to be broken


So this never was a problem, well, not so much a problem but an issue, until about 5.5 years ago...I'm habitually late. Not like 3 hours late but pretty much any time I say that I will be somewhere at a certain hour & minute, you can tack on about 5-15 minutes, depending on the severity of consequences for being late. Most of the time it's due to lack of realistic time allocation. Sometimes it's just that I don't want to be there & drag my feet to the locale. Regardless, the 'be on time all the time'ness of mom oh so deeply engraned in me lost its importance along the way. Thus...

Happy belated birthday, blog.

Ha ha. Happy birthday blog. You know, they should make silly e-cards for that. Surely, someone would use them. Anyhow, this time I totally have a great explanation...

So tonight was 1 of 2 Nutracker shows. So, how did it go, you may or may not be asking. Regardless of whether you care or not, I'll let you in on that it went pretty darn fabulously & I'm almost a bit sure that we topped out at over 400 in attendance, which isn't all that much but about 90% of the hall. And boy oh boy, was I nervous. NERVOUS!!! Seeing as I haven't been on stage in about 4 years, the nerves that I'd built up are gone. Kaput. Outta here. So walking into the audience area on my way into the dressing to get ready & looking at the stage had me more than a little frazzled. FRAZZLED!!! But then I remembered that I don't have any lines (duh!) so that calmed my nerves a bit. Well, that & the 3 shots of whiskey that I drank. Ha ha. Just kidding. You all know I'm not a whiskey girl.

But I'll drink it if you buy it for me. (maybe)

So we all did great, especially the Sugar Plum Fairy. She was magical in her pink tutu. What do you think people would do if I showed up to work in a tutu? I'd like to try this experiment but feel as if I just might lose my job, or at the very least have some sort of serious psychological exam. And I like my job so I'd rather not lose it. Back to the point. Wait, speaking of the point, that's what I bought today. The Point by Nillson. My dad suggested it (& I remembered that a friend of mine saw it & was looking at buying it but didn't about a year ago or so & we tend to have similar tastes in music) & I saw it today, so I bought it for myself for Christmas or Hannukah or Festivus or whatever. Honestly, I think it was just a reason to wrap something up & put it under the tree. Okay, no, seriously, so I got home & decided that I would make cookies for the cast. But while I was at it, I may as well make cookies for the people that are coming to my apartment tomorrow. Cookies are nice, right? So I started baking cookies, listening to some rad house music to pump up my already super pumped up self & remembered that I needed to remember something. But what was it? Hhhhmmm....cat fed=check, showered the harispray shellac out of hair=check, cookies not burning=check, underpants=check, auto insurance=oh shit, I totally need to pay car insurance today (you see, I may be late on some things but bills, like ninjas, are nothing mess with). That needed to be done so it got done which is now=check. And that's the reason I was late on the blog birthday post. Phew!

PHEW!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger nk said...

Nothing makes friends like cookies. I mean, I know they're already your friends, but it won't hurt to consolidate that tie. Will it? No.

You don't have any lines? You just dance around? Works for me.

10:01 PM

 
Anonymous jojo said...

i like you! my name is jojo. blog away! fyi: blog means web log!

2:59 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Yes, NK, I think that the cookies sealed the deal. They were damn good, if I do say so myself.

12:40 PM

 
Blogger Ajax said...

"The Point" by Nilsson is a really great record.

2:50 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

You've got a point there.

3:00 PM

 
Blogger ica said...

Sorry I missed it, glad it went well!

3:54 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Thanks dude! You missed out on some awesome cookies so you're the real loser. ha ha! Just kidding. I'll totally make cookies just for you. We could even time it that you can get them right when they come out of the oven!!!

12:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home