ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Operation Gain 3 pounds this weekend=underway


Omigod. Have you heard the news? It was so cold in Chicago this week. It was totally crazy cold. Like the coldest cold since gosh, probably January. Bbbbbrrrrrrr!!! But today it's like 40 degrees (farewroewaurght, sp?), like an oven! So what do you do when it's so terribly cold outside? Well, one hell of a lot of shivering & walking fast & dressing up all bundly like Nick. Oh. And ice skating. We have to ice skate here because there are no hills to ski on. This is one reason why Chicago does suck. Ice skating is no where near as fun as skiing. But that's all we have (since there aren't even open toboggan hills in Palos anymore). Okay, okay, so I'm really not so good at ice skating, either, & much better at skiing, which I fully demonstrated to Erin a couple nights ago. If you also read Erin's blog, you know all about this & should probably quit reading this right now. That is unless you really liked her story & want to read about it again.

GIRLS' NIGHT!

So we met downtown & I was totally productive by writing out all 3 of my Christmas cards on the ride downtown. Then I was thinking about downtown & that one song that we sang for Little Shop of Horrors popped into my head, you know 'Skid Row' because it talks about downtown & stuff. So Erin & I met up & headed out for our first mission...Peppermint Schnapps & hot cocoa. One of THE BEST WINTER DRINKS!!! The booze was the easy part, even though the guy who sold it to me totally didn't think I was 21. He asked & I was like, yeah. And then he looked at me all suspicious. Then we went on a 30 minute wild goose chase to find hot cocoa. Seriously, we totally could have caught some wild geese easier. And we definitely could have found some Wild Turkey a lot easier.

So then we got all of our stuff & went into this alley that was super-sketch & I looked at Erin & was all 'dude, i think i'm gonna puke. do you smell that?' & she was all 'omg. i totally wasn't paying attention but now i smell it. ew, gross!'. So we ran out of the alley & poured the booze into our hot cocoas in the middle of the street since we were in the loop & cops don't fucking care what you do in the loop as long as you don't bother them or you're not protesting a war that shouldn't be going on in the first place.

So then we went to Millenium Park & ice skated because the Daley Center had been taken over by a whole bunch of Germans. Everything was like Der this & Der that & we saw this baby Jesus set up & I was like 'hey erin, what do you think of that, being a jew & all' & we laughed because it was funny. So we went ice skating & she was all good & smooth & I was going really slowly, like how a really bad skater would skate but I didn't want to admit it so I blamed the skates. Dude, these skates suck. In all honesty, I was the one who sucked & actually almost fell down when she told me about some gossip. OMG! It was awesome but I can't tell you because it's a secret.

Ssssssshhhhhhhh...secrets...9% alcohol beer will get you very drunk even if you only drink 3 of them. Just believe me on this one.

So we warmed up after ice skating & hung out & talked about so much stuff & it was so fun that we're going to hang out on Christmas because, well, she doesn't believe in the Christ is our Savior thing & I'm really not up for watching a bunch of 50 somethings run around all drunk at my parents house after 'Bloody Mary Christmas' party this year...dear mom, please take that lampshade off of your head & put your shirt back on. thanx, your daughter... Maybe she'll watch The Golden Girls with me. That'd be awesome.

And last night was awesome, too, because I had a date. A first date at that. OMG! Like with flowers & everything but I was awesome & totally didn't sleep with him on the first date. How's that for some restraint? Huge. And I wore my cute little cordouroy (sp?) skirt. And I got all 'prettied up' & stuff. Maybe we'll have another date. Hope so because I'd really like to get laid.

Look, George Bush doesn't like cats. That's just one more reason not to like him. (stolen from westwash.org...thanks jzn!)

And with that, I bid you good day. GOOD DAY!!!

11 Comments:

Blogger Ajax said...

Why would you go on a date with George Bush? Isn't he married?

Plus, GROSS!

12:48 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

I heard he could get me a deal on gas. These prices suck!!!

He lied. (no surprise)

1:16 PM

 
Blogger nk said...

People still ice skate these days? Even us Canadians gave it up. Looks like we're not as similar as we thought we were...

Hee haw!

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous chris said...

you need some hard banging. and i'm not talking about falling on your ass on the ice. hehe.

question is are you good looking?

9:10 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Solo soy tan bella como mi alma.

No significa nada el sexo sin el amor. No significa nada sin el amor.

11:07 AM

 
Blogger Electronsean said...

take it back, nk. You are not invited to our drunken skating.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger Clare said...

Amas entonces al muchacho con las flores? Y entonces que...?

2:43 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Si, Clare. Me amo mucho a las flores. Especialmente los 'tulips'. No puedo mirar en las flores sin sonreir.

1:25 AM

 
Blogger ica said...

bush eats cat.

hey did you get a camera?

6:56 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

yep!

9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Clare said...

Hi there. Do you know of other sites like this one (Dancing On Ice) where I can meet other people interested in Dancing On Ice?
Many thanks

8:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home