ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Saturday, March 25, 2006

And You've Been So Busy Lately that You haven't Found the Time to Open up Your Mind and Watch the World Spinning


In light of a pretty stressful but fantastic week, I've decided to stay in tonight. Woah! Yeah. Total loser. Loser to the max. But that's a'aight. I've found that not going out both weekend nights benefits my body & wallet. You know, you kind of get burned out.

So what's been going on to essentially halt my consta-spinning wheels? Why have I, the infamous Party Girl, so readily succombed to sweats, glasses & laundry at 8 on a Saturday night?

Frickin' work, man. Seriously. On the weeks that I don't have anything but work & dance, I can greet the weekends with energy. But come Friday, after a week filled with other, taxing activities I'm pooped. Pooped I tell you. Whoever thought that you can get stuff done during a 40 work week is out of their minds! And I know, I know, a lot of people do a whole lot more than I do but jeez louise, I need my beauty rest.

So the fantasticness of this week included a few things. First of all, getting in the proposal that I'd mentioned a couple posts ago. Also, I finally nailed my double pirouhette (sp?) & my flexibility has gotten back to the point where I can semi-comfortably do the splits again. Fuck yeah. I'm a spinning, splitting machine.

On the down side, my kitty is sick. He's lost 3 pounds in the last couple of weeks (20% of his previous body weight) & had pretty much quit eating. Poor little pumpkin's hips & spine are sticking out now. What worried me the most is that he wasn't meowing. Now, some of you who have met Merlin would think this a blessing. But we all know that a silent Siamese is not a healthy Siamese. And yes, I'm a complete fanatic about my cat. I got him when I was 9 & he hasn't left my side since (except college). So into the kitty taxi he went & we made the trek out to the suburbs, him crying, in turn making me cry because he's so unhappy in that stupid cage. So we get there & the vet people ask me what's wrong & I make jokes (because that's what I do when I'm nervous. no!) & describe what's going on.

And the doctor sticks the thermometer up his ass and I find out that Merlin is not, in fact, happy with that. And he gets weighed & I start tearing up again at how much he's lost because a. I'm a fucking sissy and b. overdramatic wha?. So he says that he might just be constipated but he wants to run some tests because that could be a symptom of many possibilities. And he gives him a bunch of fluids. That was funny looking. Merlin had this big ball of fluid on his back that almost immediately moved down to his right 'shoulder' joint & he looked like he had one of those things that bigger old ladies get that shakes under their arm.

So the next day I proceeded to bite off all of my fingernails & smoke like 5 cigarettes (prior rule of no smoking at work has received an amendment: stressful days it's okay), waiting for Dr. C to call & let me know that Merlin's like half dead or something. Turns out his liver's okay (so he can still have his evening cocktail) & his kidneys are in perfect health. His pancreatic enzymes are a little out of whack but that could be from him just being constipated. All that work for nothing? That cat so owes me. So I've decided that he just needs some alternative medicine. Love. And that's what he's getting. This afternoon included a lengthy petting, the two of us curled up on the blue, triangle rug in the studio, me running my hand over his beautiful fur & kissing his sweet little head, him purring & rolling over when it's time to hit the other side. My sweet, sweet little friend.

Oh! New development...I'm totally in love with Sondre Lechre. Confid to NK: will fer sher burn this for you. It's fantastic.

AND!!!! I'm a sucker & just went ahead & bought the Police Squad videos. Should be here within 4-14(!) days. Hopefully the former. Do I hear Police Squad party?!?!?!

13 Comments:

Blogger kermit said...

My other kitty met his demise in a similar fashion, so I'll try to help by mentioning what I've learned from the experience. You're not going to like the disgusting things I am going to tell you, so please don't send me a bill for a new keyboard/monitor/pants if you've thrown up on them after reading this.

1. absolutely get him to move his bowels and make him drink lots of water. human laxatives work on cats too. perform an enema if you have to. the longer he doesn't move his bowels, the more likely he'll develop an infection and croak.
2. if he only eats dry food, transition him (slowly) into wet food (tuna flakes in water, for instance). dry food is the equivalent of eating card board and his intenstinal tract might be damaged. also let him have yogurt (plain, not vanilla or anything with sugar). if he won't eat it, get some lactobacillus pills and give him a quarter of one.
3. obviously give him any medication/antibiotics that the vet tells you.

2:25 AM

 
Anonymous Dave said...

First, I will forego my absolute belief that cats are really imps from another dimension and purely evil, and wish you and your cat the best of luck.

Second, brownies and cocktails here we come.

5:18 PM

 
Blogger nk said...

I am glad that Merlin just had to poo.
I am glad that you will send me more music.

6:57 PM

 
Blogger Homeperm said...

your post makes me love your cat.

3:37 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Kermie: Thanks for the advice. Hopefully he'll turn around soon.

Dave: You haven't met Merlin. He's a very sweet animal.

NK: Glad to make you glad.

Perm: Yeah. He's very easy to love. I saw him 2 hours ago & miss the little bugger.

12:30 PM

 
Blogger Electronsean said...

kitty! get bettersoon!

2:27 PM

 
Blogger Conti said...

Cat Chat 2006! Make a magnificent recovery, Merlin! Smoochie!

3:03 PM

 
Blogger J-Mo said...

I'm gona try to take your tip and stay in this frieday at least. Wish me luck!

4:07 PM

 
Blogger Sean said...

why are girls that can do the splits 10% hotter?

2:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]youdontknowmymiddlename.blogspot.com is filled with quality info. Frankly speaking we really do not pay attention towards our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Research displays that almost 90% of all USA grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under painful training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

1:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bags HermesBags Hermes nnmm Replica Hermeshermes belts uuji

10:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should be a part of a contest for one of the best blogs
on the web. I will highly recommend this website!


my web-site ... weightloss drops

12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not certain the place you're getting your info, but good topic.
I must spend a while finding out more or understanding more.
Thank you for great info I was on the lookout
for this information for my mission.

my blog post: rheumatoid arthritis facts

8:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home