ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Happy Pi Day (one day late)


You know what's the worst?

Rupaul?

Nope.

Getting lemon juice in a papercut?

Close second. Coming into the office & everybody's in a bad mood.

Oh yeah? I'm sticking with Rupaul.

You better work.

The sun is shining & although it's still a bit chilly & I didn't exactly skip to work, today's a good day for many, many reasons. Or so I thought before getting here. As soon as I entered the office, I realized that it's apparently 'don't smile or say hello or be anything but gloom & doom' day. Yes, March sucks. But please, leave it at home. Thanks!

Hhhhmmm...how could I cheer everybody up? Trivia always cheers everybody up!

Trivia time:
Question: If you lived in Europe, what would you use as a numerically express Pi? (The US uses 3.14..., many countries in Europe more commonly use this)

Prize: Quesadilla & ice cream

Why: Because that's what I'm eating for dinner tonight.

p.s. Thank you Pantasaurus for the A Softer World link!

17 Comments:

Blogger J-Mo said...

Don't they use 3.16 or something.

I'm just hungry and want mexican.

1:10 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Nope. If you are ever in Chicago, though, I will make you mexican. Or just take you to Nuevo Leon so I don't have to do dishes.

1:14 PM

 
Blogger erin said...

nuevo leon has good tostadas.

1:28 PM

 
Blogger P. Diggler said...

3.142?

4:04 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Nope. Shit, I really hope that I'm right on this! If I've given incorrect trivia, I'm gonna be a real asshole! (and owe a LOT of quesadillas & ice cream)

4:06 PM

 
Blogger Spo said...

I thought it was 3.142 as well

well that and google told me

google also told me that the loch ness monster was in fact a travelling circus letting elephants go for a swim and the hump and trunk stuck out to make it look like the fabled 1933 Nessie photo.

4:23 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Okay, I'm just going to change the trivia wording. I was told last night that this is how Pi is used in Europe. THEY LIED!!!

Ready?

What is another way to express Pi numerically? Think lowest common denominator stuff.

Spo: that is the AWESOMEST trivia I think I've ever heard. I can't believe people are still out hunting Lochey!

4:35 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

Pi sucks balls.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

So my answer is pi = balls.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

(no homo)

5:01 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Cap'n: Oooooo! So close. Unfortunately, you forgot the numbers. Pi does have a lot to do with balls. Balls need pi.

6:22 PM

 
Blogger screetus said...

When people are in a bad mood at my work I like to go around singing "Who pissed in your cornflakes?" in various annoying melodies.
Oddly enough, they tend to forget about whatever it was they were mad about originally.

10:28 PM

 
Blogger P. Diggler said...

3&1/7? I know early greek math doesn't have any decimals, so maybe its more common to express it as a fraction?? 22/7?? This is making my brain hurt. Anyways, I hope you publish the answer first thing tomorrow (3.16)!!

10:36 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Ding ding ding!!! Weldon is the winner!!! Very good. Next time you are in Chicago (assuming you're up in Toronto) I will make you veggie quesadillas & feed you ice cream.

11:48 PM

 
Blogger J-Mo said...

whoa whoa whoa i said 3.16 way back on comment one. 3.16 as in 22/7. I WANT MY FOOD!

4:54 PM

 
Blogger P. Diggler said...

I thought the deal was you would come to Toronto and make quesadillas and ice cream.... damn! While I guess I'll book a flight for next week some time??
p.s I like my quesadillas spicy!

5:28 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Weldon: If you come this weekend, I'll be throwing a dinner party on Saturday night. You are invited. I'm making Italian but would make a quesadilla special for you! Plus, there'll be brownie sundaes for dessert. Next weekend is my bro's birthday. We could go out & get polluted with him. I would then make you quesadillas after the bars.

J-Mo: I wanted it in fraction (original) form. I will cook for you regardless. Please call my secretary & schedule a date & time.

6:33 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home