ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I thought of you today, I wished it was yesterday morning

Tuesday Morning: a short narrative.

As usual, running late. You see, it's just so difficult to get out of bed with two adorable little furballs cuddling up, purring & then playing with them, throwing their little mice & giggling as they hop to & fro, tossing the mice around, to finally pick them up in their mouths & scamper away. Ha! Scamper.

So I'm running through my apartment while dressing (after a RECORD 3 MINUTE SHOWER mind you!!!)...grabbing ballet gear, pulling down my bangs & throwing my hair into a bun. Brush teeth (dear Sonicare...I (heart) you). Feed kitties. Grab lunch. Grab backpack. "Love you!". And the race begins. I check my time & I have 6 minutes before I'm late. Walk fast. Walk fast. 'Hmmm...I thought it was supposed to be cold & crappy out today. Yay! Warm & humid. Better than cold & crappy'.

Doot dee doo.

Usually about this time I start wondering where all of the other sidewalkwalkers are going & smile at the passerbyers. 'Hey. That dude just totally looked at me so messed up & I was smiling at him. I don't have anything in my teeth, I just brushed them.' I thought to myself as some guy gave me this half look of disgust, half smirk. Curious.

Almost to work I start the half-block-away preparation. Tossle bangs. Pull out key card. Straighten skirt. 'Woah. The back of the skirt I'm wearing today moved to the front of my body. Ha...' and that's when I stopped dead in my tracks & realized just why that dude on the street looked at me all effeduplike. I forgot to zip my skirt this morning. Oh, I snapped & clasped it. But ceased to zip it up, showing everyone that wanted to see that yes, yes, I was wearing striped underpants.

Awesome.

Stay tuned for a photoblog of the kittenwarming party.

2 Comments:

Blogger screetus said...

Well, on the bright side, striped underpants are pretty awesome. So good for you!
Also on the bright side you didn't accidentally stuff a kitten into your backpack.

10:07 PM

 
Blogger Homeperm said...

i have had that morning. also one time i walked out of the house with my pyjama top on. i was in such a rush i'd skipped the shower. but also skipped the actually getting dressed thing. it was a weird period of my life.

5:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home