ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Surviving Devil Day

Phew! Totally got through 666 a-okay. And while awaiting the whole world to crash all around us, I celebrated in proper fashion...with a date.

Liar.

No. For reals. It was really nice & I ate some delicious food & someone else paid for it.

So did you get some?

Come on now, I'm a proper lady who does proper things in proper ways and am waiting for marriage.

Ha! That's a load of shit. Remember undergrad?

Shut up.

So yeah. Went to Deleece last night for the first time. Deleece=Delish! I HIGHLY recommend the salmon on a bed of leeks on a bed of Chinese sticky black rice circled by a light cream sauce. If you're in Chicago & want some good food, that's fer sher one of the places to find it.

In other news, I got my first sunburn this weekend. And let me tell you, I have a whole lot more sympathy for people who burn all the time.

Rock Lobster.

My fivehead (because of my big forehead...get it?!?!) is beginning to peel & I fear that I will be left with an enormous pastey area on my now 2-shades-darker-than-crayola-white face. There are flakes all over my desk. Gross. Skin flakes.

Oh yeah. And on the way to dinner guess who I saw? P's sister. Yeah, I know. Small world. I think she saw & recognized me before I noticed that it was her & then was looking all over but at me. I thought about saying hi & kind of wish that I had, since she's a nice girl & I hope she's doing well but then thought...hmmmmmm, that'd be a little awkward, you know? Like 'hey howya doin?', 'uh, okay, you?', 'uh, okay' (lingering 5 second silence) 'okay, yeah, um, bye', 'yeah, bye'. I bet that's how the conversation would have gone. All the while being in my head all 'yeah, so I dated your brother for like 2 years & he was living with me but in the end it just didn't work out & he can be an awesome guy & stuff but hey, look at this, I'm on a date and uh, yeah'. And what's superweird is that for some reason P's been stuck in my head for like a week. Like I had a dream that he emailed me. Crazy.

But now I'm overthinking all this stuff like she didn't want to say hi because she hates me or something when she was probably was just scared of my peely fivehead. Whatever. Okay. Time to scratch mosquito bites & peel off skin.

p.s. Picture stolen from westwash.org.

5 Comments:

Blogger nk said...

Skin flakes.

8:45 PM

 
Blogger Homeperm said...

so how was the date? other than the food of course which sounds freakin' delicious.

7:23 AM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

"Ha! That's a load of shit. Remember undergrad?

Shut up."

^ That made me chuckle.

11:17 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

HP: It was very very nice. I had a really great time & have a feeling that we'll have another date.

3:53 PM

 
Blogger Homeperm said...

that sounds great

6:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home