ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Goodbye Yellow Gross Stove

Woah! Hey! Howeryadoin? Long time no blog. Ha ha ha! Get it?! Usually people say 'long time no see' or 'long time no talk' but I used 'blog'.

THAT WAS LAME. SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM?

That I'm a techtard & don't know how to use italics in blogger on a Mac.
HONEY, THAT'S JUST THE TIP OF THE ICEBURG.

So a while back I was all up in 'yeah, I'm getting new appliances, they're gonna be sweet'. Right? Well, then a bunch of deadlines happened & I turned into a zombie. For real. Workworkwork. Lackofsleeplackofsleeplackofsleep. But today was the last big one until August 1! Woot woot.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?

Well, I figured since I'd bragged about these new kitchen appliances, that I should probably show you that it's not all in my head & also I got a call today from my landlord.....hi tron, it's marj....hi marj what's up?....so are you going to renew your lease?.....yeah....great, i'll get the guys to up your water pressure & send the lease through but i have to warn you that there's a rent increase.

Dun Dun Dun.

Rent increase? How much? Will I have to live off of Ramen again? Oh no! What about sodium intake?!?!?! I was thinking.

Yeah...it's increasing a whopping $10/month. Phew! So in honor of this awesome I-won't-be-destitute-and-have-to-eat-nothing news I thought that I should show you just how awesome of a deal this is with my new appliances. Behold. This also means that a lease-renewal-thank-goodness-i'm-not-moving-again dinner party is surely in order. Yum Yum.

ONCE AGAIN, YOU'VE PROVED MY POINT.

Whatever, I'm gonna go watch The Golden Girls.

13 Comments:

Blogger Captain Bee said...

Nice job with the new appliances.

Your old stove is pretty fucking gross. Even as a guy it would be a little iffy to eat stuff made off that monstrosity.

10:49 AM

 
Anonymous J Cubed said...

Too bad your new fridge came with all that crap stuck to the front.

10:52 AM

 
Blogger queen79 said...

Hooray - dinner party!! Tell me what you want me to bring.

11:05 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Capn: You should have seen it before I spent over an hour on it when I moved in. Totes grossers.

j^3: watch it, mister, or you'll never make it up on the fridge of fame.

queenie: will do!! suggestions on food genre? Italian, check. Spanish, check. BBQ, check. Sushi? Chinese? Americana?

11:38 AM

 
Blogger Conti said...

How tall is that thing? It looks real tall. Is that thing too tall? I don't know, I'm just asking. That thing looks tall. That thing looks real tall.

4:26 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Yeah. It's pretty tall. And I'm pretty short. It'd be nice to have an 8-foot tall pirate around to reach things.

5:43 PM

 
Blogger kermit said...

damn, those make me want to cook. i thought that the feeling would go away once martha stewart got out of prison.

12:27 AM

 
Blogger kermit said...

damn it, your appliances made me forget why i wanted to comment in the first place.

for italics < i > word < / i >
(without the spaces, obviously)

1:25 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

kermit: you=awesome. thanks!!

11:08 AM

 
Blogger Homeperm said...

i quite like the old oven, to look at. but i suspect the new one is much more functional. and yay on the not being destitute due to rent increase.

9:01 PM

 
Blogger Spo said...

Goodbye yellow gross stove is now the only way I'll hear that song forever more.

that's a good thing too.

11:49 AM

 
Blogger Jonh Neo said...

hi emertron, I like your blog and I want to exchange your blog link with my link,
my blog is Arts Collections .
pls feedback to me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good Google Link About Arts

3:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can help me with .httpaccess ?
where i can fined full information about .httpaccess file syntaxis?

5:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home