ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Friday, September 01, 2006

The Final Countdown


Sorry about no posts. Busy is a real shitty excuse but hell, it's the truth. And what ever happened to the not busy days? You know, like 2 years ago when I was all just sitting around, doing like nothing, hoping that my phone would ring but remembering that like all of my friends were in Colorado. Speaking of which, when I was living out west I had tons of Patagonia stuff for skiing & hiking & durable stuff that lasted & was pretty plain but not like 'casual Friday' clothing & this week I went into the Patagonia store & you wanna know what they had? Zilch. All 'Casual Friday' clothing, which is not what I want. I wanted serious clothing. So I went up the the cash register & asked 'when did you guys start sucking so bad?' and the cashier said 'shut up fatty. you're just salty because our clothes run small & you have to get a bigger size'.

Do do do do. Do do doot doot do.

And now that I have that Europe song in your head & your attention I'd like to make an announcement........the apartment is in shambles, there are boxes all over, the kittens are (I'm sure) currently running around, trying to hide my Smartwool socks in attempt to keep their mommy in the country and usually this would drive one Miss Tron batty but this time it's not gonna work. As of right....now in 24 hours I will be at O'Hare, clutching my passport, kick-ass backpack hanging from my tense shoulders, ingesting as much nicotine as possible before there's no more for 12 hours (we have a layover in NYC but can't leave the airport & I would say 'shit now's as good a time as any to quit' but seriously, 30 miles of hiking in 3 days without ciggies & Etro'll effing kill me).

Anarchy in the UK

Then we get back, start the new job, do wedding stuff for Schmale, have 156736478678 hours of Nutcracker rehearsal and sleep for the entire month of January.

See you then!!!

p.s. will update more in a couple weeks with funny stories of a whiskey-drunk tron.

8 Comments:

Blogger iamnot said...

Usquebaugh. Have one for each of us.

2:06 PM

 
Blogger Grampa said...

I've been in court for three weeks so I've been chewing nicotine gum first thing in the morning, then chian smoking on the way to court, then smacking on a nicotine patch, huffing a couple smokies at lunch, then chain smoking all night (I take the patch off at the end of the trial day - I'm not an addict or anything).

4:18 PM

 
Blogger Marisa said...

Have a great trip! and when you get back, whiskey shots at the Cove in exchange for Scotland stories.

2:32 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

Have a fantastic trip!

3:33 AM

 
Anonymous elginroots said...

i didn't realize you were leaving this soon, have a great trip!

12:26 PM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

Bon voyage, Em! Have a great trip!

1:59 AM

 
Blogger J-Mo said...

Enjoy it all!!!

11:14 AM

 
Blogger Conti said...

Have fun in other countries!

4:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home