ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Operation Pointed Feet


2 shows down, 1 to go. So far, so good. Although I messed up a part in each one of the performances. Not noticable to anyone but those in the number & the director.

But here's the fun part. Maybe not so much fun as funny. Yeah. Wanna hear something funny? I have to tape my boobs down so that they don't pop out of my tutu top. For the last 3 days I've lived the life of an A/B cup. Except an A/B cup that goes all but 3 inches down to my belly button. And you know what?

I LOVE IT.

This is fantastic. Shirts fit better. I look slimmer. I can see my shoes.

And really, the show's been a ton of fun so far. Dar & I have laughed until we thought that our costumes would burst. Not that I'd like to do this every weekend but once or twice a year, is just great. I've made new friends & had the chance to spend time with friends from last year. Yeah, it's a lot of work. And yeah yeah, it's just silly for an old lady to participate in this & get so excited about it but I feel like I've accomplished something. Even if I never get back on stage, I did it once. I really danced in a production of the Nutcracker, as unimportant & 'community theater' as it is. It's something that I feel proud of.

Oop! Time to take the cookies out that I'm baking for the cast.

p.s. Normal, cynical, completely unwholesome Tron will return soon.

6 Comments:

Blogger screetus said...

Hey, cool!
And it sounds like with the boobs-taping, you've come away with a helpful tip for everyday life!

11:37 PM

 
Anonymous 123Valerie said...

Em, I love boobs in all of their forms--free and easy, taped up, taped down, swinging low, criss-crossed, tie-dyed ... wait. Maybe not taped down.

3:55 PM

 
Blogger Conti said...

I have to tape down my crank every time I perform. It's just unprofessional to have your bits flying towards the audience.

11:19 AM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

You know we're all gonna try taping our boobs now, don't you?

11:44 PM

 
Anonymous j cubed said...

Ridiculous! Taping down boobs is just as evil as strangling kittens.

12:51 AM

 
Blogger J-Mo said...

I'm gonna try taping my nuts up, to try to join in with the fun.

1:43 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home