ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The A Team


Yeah, so guess what happened tonight?

I was asked to go to a ballet class with the ballet A Teamers! It may not sound like a lot but it is. These girls have been dancing since they were like 3 & I started about 2 and a half years ago. It's awesome. And I feel so loved. Like I fit into this close-knit ballet dancer group or something. But then I thought, maybe I'm just that girl that they inivite along who would make them look better & to make a fool out of me & then laugh. And then I came to grips & realized that it's not high school anymore & people don't act like that.

Speaking of which...

Wanna know what's great about your late 20s? Working your fucking ass off. Wait, no, that's not it. It's that for some cosmic reason old friends come out of the woodwork & surprise you with their coolness. And you become friends again. Case in point: the Flying Buttress.

She & I are friends from way back. Like back in 7th grade. And then in high school she was in the cool crowd & I got really dorky & awkward. But we were still friends. But then college came & we lost touch. Guess what? We're friends again. Who woulda known?

And from that (well, I guess before that because I started talking again to more people from my mysterious & questionable past about a year or so ago), I actually had the nerve to get in touch with people from long ago.

You know what? The people who I thought were pretty awesome are still pretty awesome.

And we're all working our asses off. So we're all exhausted & learning how to budget time & figure out priorities. Oh. And we all like to go out & act like juveniles. So we have stuff in common again.

6 Comments:

Blogger iamnot said...

Growning up...it's something to have in common.
Must be nice. The next thing I'll have in common with my peers will be a colostomy bag.

10:37 AM

 
Blogger 123Valerie said...

Wee Ha! I lurve stories like this. Flying Buttress. I'm going to starf calling people that for no reason.

11:52 PM

 
Blogger Ajax said...

I love it when people don't suck.

5:01 PM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

"Wanna know what's great about your late 20s? Working your fucking ass off."

^No, apparently that's my EARLY 20's.

6:30 PM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

Wait till you hit 30, my friends... ha ha!

2:49 AM

 
Blogger Grampa said...

I had to move 5000 miles away from home to become friends with some of my old buds from way back.

5:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home