ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The Return of the Magical Cove Man

I checked my watch again. 9:45. Where was he? Did something happen? Why wasn't he here? Excited to hear what lies ahead yet afraid the news bad, I played another round of Silver Strike and grabbed a pitcher. Before I knew it, I could feel his presence. He stood behind us. Probably made his way in silently, as to not disturb our intense game of rolly-ball video game bowling.

After the thick fog of fierce competition lifted, he greeted us. And the thick fog of drunkenness soon arrived after a shot of Jameson.

This time around, The Magical Cove Man prophecized a wedding. I looked up and said, 'me? will i be the one to marry?'

'No. You ain't the marryin' kind.' I hung my head in sorrow & dragged my feet toward my pint.

"Ha ha! I'm just kiddin' whitchu, baby! You and your boy, you gonna be happy & married. As long as I get to go to the wedding'.

'Oh of course!' I gleefully yelped & ordered another round of completely unnecessary shots. But the bartender wouldn't sell me anymore. Something about 'enibriated'.

If you hadn't guessed, we made an appearence at the Cove this weekend. It was awesome. We played Silver Strike. And got 'initiated', which really, wasn't a good thing. Not really an official initiation. Probably more like How Much Can These Little White Kids Drink Before the Boy Pukes in the Urinal Again. Regardless, we had a great time. And no one puked in the urinal!

But the Magical Man was wrong. No weddings appear in the near future & my faith in him now is now shattered like a broken mirror. What he didn't know is that I was trying to trick him. To see if he'd foul up. And he did. Silly guy, I'm not getting married! So I guess he's not really magical.

Oh well.

You know what IS really magical, though? Jaimers will be in Chicago in ONE WEEK! For 10 days only. Turns out she's gonna move back to Scotland. Which is a really good reason to visit, huh? Mmmmm......Scotch.

But she will be here for Family Feud Night. And Schmale's gonna hopefully join us, too! Which means that my 2 best friends in the whole world & I are gonna play The Feud together. And Nick's gonna be there. And Farrah's gonna be there. And Sarah's gonna be there. It's gonna be, like, the best night ever.

I'm so happy I could jump up & down in circles & clap my hands & laugh.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger iamnot said...

You're a cute drunk.

10:41 AM

 
Anonymous kermit said...

when i first read this through, family feud night came out as family freud night. is there something wrong with me?

6:02 PM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

And the survey said.... SCOTCH!

1:42 PM

 
Blogger Conti said...

I don't understand what happened but it sounds like you had fun. So, good!

3:12 PM

 
Anonymous irshelly3 said...

Can you please tell me who sings the song with these lyrics: I'm too tired to fight and you win everytime. You had that as the title to a post April 13, 06. I'm dying to know who sings it.

12:26 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

The Changes.

10:43 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home