ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Make New Friends but Keep the Old, One is Silver and the Other Gold


Hey guess what?! I have a new friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy happy happy day. But she's going to Turkey for a month, so in a week I'll be back to Square One.

SQUARE ONE: Talking to grocery store cashiers & baggers for some sort of face to face communication. No, seriously, if this keeps up, I'll soon be 'That Girl Who Likes to Talk A Lot' at the nearest Shaw's & they'll all go run & hide except for creepy fat guy with a skin problem who's kinda gross & I think has a heart of gold because it's not nice to judge but then he gets really weird & oversteps his bounds & I have to find a new grocery store.

Fortunately, my bff's older brother lives in Boston so he has to be my friend. Ha! Really, he's just a sweet as pie guy who acts as the stereotypical older brother. It's adorable. Oh, and he's really really smart, too, so I try to sponge some of his knowledge & brain-power when I see him. So we went to the Art Museum yesterday afternoon & then to dinner. Last night was one of my favorite nights so far.

3 Cheers for Joe!!!

And I've been having all of these discoveries lately, like Columbus. You know, finding something that's neither new nor uncovered to everyone but you. Speaking of which, I have Columbus Day off. Isn't that illegal now or something?

Anyway, here goes:

1. People here add an 'R' on the end of some words that end in a vowel. Example: idea=idear

2. Walking in Boston proper, Allston & Cambridge is faster than driving 83% of the time.

3. Yves Saint Laurent makes the most amazing under-eye cover up stuff I've ever used in my life. This shit is tight.

4. The Neiman Marcus out here does NOT sell cookies. (this was not a happy discovery)

5. Although I've cut out about 2500 calories/week & walk an average of 3 miles/day I am not losing weight.

6. Maybe I should wait 2 weeks before I jump to conclusions about body issues.

7. I can walk from work to the Museum of Fine Art in 10 minutes, Wed-Fri it's open until 9:45 p.m. & their cafe serves a cheese plate with Camembert.

8. We don't get the day after Thanksgiving off. I'll be missing Thanksgiving with my family and my 10 year high school reunion. Only one of these I'm sad about.

9. George & Henry keep getting cuter. I know, seems impossible but it's true.

10. Pretty much every workplace has the same issues.

11. There are a lot of douchebag bars in Allston & Cambridge.

12. The Cellar makes the most delicious fries I've ever eaten. (Rosemary Truffle Fries)

13. Lobster Rolls are as good as the hype.

14. My camera's broken & there are a lot of things that I want to take pictures of.

p.s. If you want a postcard, send me your address.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Marisa said...

The title reminds me of girl scouts. Once upon a time, I knew this song in sign language.

As for your "revelations", I'm sure its not the mac&cheese!

Marisa(r)

3:38 PM

 
Blogger Grampa said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:04 PM

 
Blogger Grampa said...

You know, there may be a corollary between Rosemary Truffle fries, lobster rolls and not losing weight.

I'm just sayin', is all.

But, at least you can spell corollary.

9:05 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Dear Gramps,
You might be on to something:) I'm leaning towards that & that I ate like complete shit this summer & totally slacked on exercise. Both of those issues have been nipped in the bud. I think it's just going to take some time.

Love,
The Fat Ballerina

11:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home