ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, October 09, 2007

God Bless You, Mr. Vonnegut


Started reading a Vonnegut for the book club tonight & two distinct memories come to mind that I associate with reading said author:

First: Reading Hocus Pocus in The Stockbroker's apartment waiting for my brother to pick me up & go out. He, The Stockbroker, asked what silly thing I was reading now. Spring Break Senior Year of college.

Second: A guy I worked with, Erik, in Breckenridge, showed up with all he owned on his back at my door one night. I offered him a couple beers & my copy of Breakfast of Champions to help him through his girlfriend kicking him out. I wasn't sure then if that would help, nor am I now. But figured it was a great distraction. Apparently, sleeping on my floor was not the distraction that he was looking for so he left. Hopefully, he liked the book.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sun Follower said...

you should have lent him "Slaughterhouse Five"

3:59 AM

 
Blogger xo said...

I think the best book to read is a Movable Feast. F Scott & Ernest in the car without a top... that always cheers me up.

xo m

9:37 AM

 
Blogger iamnot said...

Another booty call...deflected.

11:50 AM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

I thought it said "Mr. Voight" and I was going to be like, fuck, Jon Voight kicks ass.

Am I even spelling his name right?

12:19 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home