ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Monday, May 26, 2008

I'm Standing on the Corner in Lafayette, State of Louisiana


Friday, May 23, 2008:
5 a.m.: Thanks cabbie! I feel good. Like really. For the first time in over a week now.
5:15 a.m.: Hhhmmm...Am I hearing XTC in Logan Airport? Naaaawwwwhhh! (listen harder) Oh nope! Huey Lewis & the news. What does Huey feel when he hears his own voice while waiting in the security line?
6:45 a.m.: Maybe I'll get a tattoo this weekend. Yeah! Maybe Colleen & I will get tattoos.
9:45 a.m.: Holden Caufield was really just a little asshole. And immature, irresponsible, prick. Kinda like Dean from On the Road. Edit: despite Holden having a 'change of heart' at the end, he still acts like a jerk throughout it so I'm referring to jerk Holden, not the one who actually has a conscience.
11:45 a.m.: Why is that horrible Vanessa Williams song following me around? I've heard Save the Best for last at least 3 times this week. (shiver)

Arrive in Louisiana & run across to parking lot to see my best girl:
3 DAYS OF NOT THINKING ABOUT ANYTHING BUT BOILED CRAWFISH & BLUE-SHELL CRAB, SWIMMING IN THE VERMILLION & MAKING SURE TO PUT ON SUNSCREEN.

Monday, May 26, 2008:
7:45 a.m.: Maybe I should try to get on that earlier flight. Nah. Mine leaves at 8:40.
8:25 a.m.: (loudspeaker) The 8:40 to Houston has been delayed.
8:30 a.m.: Excuse me, ticketlady, I need to get back to Boston.
Ticketlady: well, we don't know when we'll take off.
Me: Why not?
TL: Because the plane has flat tires.
Me: You don't have spares?
TL: Miss, we'll get you back to Houston as soon as we can.
11:00 a.m.: Geez! We're finally boarding, sure hope I make that 12:30 to Boston since I missed the 10:30.
12:25 p.m.: Come on legs, run run! (while running through the Houston airport)
12:40 p.m.: Phew! Made it. Wait, are those 4 small children around me?
1:00 p.m.: Well, these screaming kids certainly made up my mind on that issue for a while. Wait, what's that I hear? (kid behind me vomiting all over himself)
1:15 p.m.: Well, at least I'm not sitting next to him. Hold on, are the people next to me making out? Oh god, no. Seriously?!?!

Yes, seriously, I took an amazing trip down to Lafayette & stayed at Ma Jan's camp surrounded by strong, awesome women. We dance partied, we swam in the bay, we ate some of the best food I've eaten in quite a while & we enjoyed each others' company & stories. And then as the universe's way of telling me not to come home, an interesting sequence of events has made today the official worst travel day I've ever had. Hands down. This was worse than sitting in Luton Airport for 9 hours.

And now it's bedtime.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

At least you did have fun in LA. Sorry we couldn't meet up...I was out of commission after my surgery...next time for sure! :) Glad someone got to soak up the sun!

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home