ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Sunday, June 29, 2008

It's oh so quiet, shhhh, shhhhh


Mmmm....an uneventful weekend. And haven't had the weepies since Thursday. Yipee! Friday night was a movie & hanging out with Grace. Saturday was weekend errands & hanging out with the neighbors. Today was bumming around Harvard Square & hanging out with Jess more.

I've been missing my girls back home & all over the country something fierce lately but am super fortunate to have one of my close friends living next door right now. Jess is just such an amazing & inspiring person. And Michael is proof that there are good guys out there. And them together show me that normal, happy marriages exist. I really do feel so cheesy saying this but thank goodness that through some random act of the apartment world I ended up moving into this apartment. It's like living in the dorms in college 'hey, wanna go get some food or cook dinner?' but we actually have more than $20 to our name so we can like actually do stuff that doesn't involve kegs.

Got everything done tonight earlier than expected. Last week I did a nice, thorough cleaning of the apartment on Monday afternoon, all laundry (save a couple inconsequential items) done and put away, cat litter=clean, dishes=done and it all feels good. It's nice going into a new week with the feeling that nothing's lagging in the chore department. Just a bath & trashy mag tonight & a half of a Parisian sammich & some potato salad from Cardullo's.

My newer camera broke pretty much as soon as I landed in Louisiana & through the grace of camera gods my older one magically worked again. For about a day. And I realized that infinite wisdom urged me to misplace/lose the cord that hooks up my computer to the camera to download them so I think this is the universe's way of just saying that I should go back to film.

So my dear interwebs boyfriend, today I did have some drama. When I was tying my hair back & looking for a cute ribbon to put in it, I could only find my green one! What happened to the yellow ones? Or the gray ones? HAS SOMEONE BEEN BREAKING INTO MY APARTMENT & STEALING MY RIBBONS?!?!?! It couldn't be anything else (yes, it could). I'd really like some closure on this ribbon issue. Thanks!

Next weekend is birthday weekend. I turn 29 so according to many, I have one more good year to find a husband. I find this hard to believe since I just keep getting hotter or maybe that's my mind going. Hhmmmm.....

Anyways, since I know uh, like 2 guys in Boston & one of them is leaving to shoot a movie on Saturday, it's going to be a girlie celebration. But what should I wear? We're going for tapas on Saturday afternoon. Is it too presumptuous or cliche to wear my pretty bcbg tutu dress & a tiara? Should I wear my skinny jeans (it's official....they're fitting comfortably again!!!)? Should I bust out my 'birthday dress'? (birthday dress does not equal birthday suit...it is an actual dress that I've worn several birthdays for the past 6 years)

Oh, the big decisions.

I guess I'll have to figure it out over bathtime & Vogue.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Sun Follower said...

I vote birthday dress. Celebrate YOU.

2:46 AM

 
Blogger iamnot said...

Wow. I remember being 29...barely.
Go for the jeans. Guys dig nice fitting jeans and a white button down.
At least we used to.

4:34 PM

 
Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

Happy Birthday! Not sure what you picked out but I'm sure you looked FAB!!!! Hope you enjoyed your day and night out...you deserve it! :)

10:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home