ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Great 8 (for this year anyways)


So on my birthday this year I had a therapy session & 2.5 hours of ballet, which is pretty much the awesomest birthday ever (well, maybe not really but for this year it was the grapes). My therapist had suggested that I take the day to maybe reflect what I wanted in the coming year. And being bogged down with ballet, didn't have too much reflection time but iamnot did a Bucket List & 'tagged' whoever wanted to be so I switched it up a little & instead of by the time I die, figured this would be a good time to project a little bit on what I'd like to do in the next 11.25 months.

Here goes:
-Quit Smoking (those of you who know me in real life know that this is quite a feat but I'll be 30 next year & there's no time to start stopping like now, huh?)
-Apply to grad schools.
-Visit my brother in Seattle
-Visit Jessica in DC
-Watch Jadie get married in Mexico
-Tell at least one person a day who I love that I love them (person, not just cats)
-Use the Ricoh film camera and all its attachments sitting in my closet
-Make another Porch Music mix

May not seem like a lot but each one of those items will take a bit of time. And time to concentrate on them separately. I've gotten into the habit of multi-tasking pretty much everything although my strengths lie in concentrating on one thing at a time. As for the vacations, it's easy to go somewhere but quite a bit more difficult, yet much more rewarding to focus on where you are and the people you're with. And as for telling someone that you love them, well, that'll certainly be the easiest on the list & probably the most fulfilling.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger iamnot said...

Camera? Did you say Camera?
Ricoh? Cool...
Dish the details.

I like your list and I think a short term list is a great idea for you right now.
You can do a "before I die" list after this one is done.

10:17 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Yep. Right now I feel like the next year (if not only this month!) is all I can handle.

Can tell you right now that one thing on the list of Before I Die is to raise a baby. But at this point, that's all that's definite.

11:02 PM

 
Blogger iamnot said...

I'll send you one of my babies...just to give you a head start.

10:16 AM

 
Anonymous Jess said...

I love your list. Especially #4. Awesome. I didn't know Ian lived in Seattle! Did I tell you Ben's moving to Portland, Maine? Anyhoodledoo. xoxo

9:24 AM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

I KNEW IT! :)

2:00 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home