ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Monday, July 21, 2008

There Will Be Bruising


Look! These are my newest shoes. Aren't they pretty? And pink? And satiny? (the picture really doesn't do them justice)

They hurt like a mother lover. So much that I haven't made it through a whole 45 minute class yet with them on (35 minutes is my limit in the 3 weeks since starting). And thought myself a total sissy but then talked to more people & they were like 'when I started, I could only keep them on for 5 minutes'.

Who's the sissy now?!

Speaking of torture, I made plans with a pal to go see Mamma Mia this weekend. See, we were going to the beach originally but it was mega-too-hot-even-for-the-beach & slated to rain like monsoon-style so instead we opted to pay 10 bucks for 2 hours of air conditioning (side note: it's effing hot here....like on my walk to work it's 90 degrees at 8:40 a.m. in CC & it did rain monsoon-style on Sunday). On the way to the theater I just happened to stop in Oilily & found pretty much the worlds cutest socks on sale so I bought them. And if anybody has you know, like an extra $85 to throw around, I would accept the red butterfly tank top with the beads & the cool stitching that they're selling (size Small please!). So anyways, the first thoughts of this movie were that it'd be totally dumb & was maybe wasting my money. But it turns out that it was awesome. Hilarious. Didn't take itself seriously at all & just a whole lot of fun. Unlike Sex & the City, which was horrible & such a disappointment. But I guess there was a lot expected from the whole anticipation of S&TC.

(Ir)Regardless, Mamma Mia was really great. And Sex & the City sucked ass. And Lars & the Real Girl was fantastic, too. And I've found myself watching a lot of movies again. Tonight's The Whackness. And I've been going out for breakfast & lunches on the weekends again, too, which is a nice way to go to some really yummy, nice restaurants for less money. And that way I kind of have a list of places for hot men to take me on dates once I feel like dating again.

Um, yeah, don't lie to yourself. 'Feel like dating'. More like 'can get a date'.

Hey, let me lie to myself any way I want to right now. I'm vulnerable & fragile.

Fragile my ass.

That's it. I don't want to talk to you anymore.

Mmmmm....now that I mentioned breakfast, I'm hungry & think it's a breakfast for dinner kind of night.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sun Follower said...

L.O.V.E. breakfast for dinner... sometimes cereal too!

You'll be ready when you're ready. :)

8:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home