ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Cottage cheese & peaches


The dentist (pain-inflictor) I started going to found a cavity a month ago. I haven't had a cavity since I was 7 years old. I'm going to have that filled in this afternoon.

It's the end of an era.

Then I'm going to ballet & to dinner with a dear friend from high school We haven't seen each other since college.

Good times.

Also, there is officially nothing left in my basement that belongs to Ethan. He came by on Sunday to pick it all up. I didn't see him. Couldn't. It would have been more painful than the dentist. But that's all over now. Onward & upward. My neighbor, J, did see him & said he looked awful. I think I toasted to that roughly 2 dozen times on Sunday night. And a new neighbor, T, stopped by for a while to eat some foods & drink some beers & asked me what was wrong with Ethan. I was like 'i dunno, tried figuring that out for the last couple years...it's just him & he marches to the beat of his own drummer despite making others' lives much more difficult as a result' to which sweet T said 'no, I mean, what the hell is wrong with him? he's an idiot. i can't believe he gave you up....i'd love to date you'. That made my heart smile a little.

Maybe I'll recap my dating adventures thus far. But probably not. All that I have certainly realized is that it's too soon. I feel awkward, end up getting super-shy & reserved (NOT my personality at all) & finish the night with 'we should just be friends' wanting only to crawl into a nice warm bath & then my comfy bed. Oh well. It'll happen eventually, right? And if not, there's always Henry.

Oh god...I should probably end it now for nothing other than that last statement.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger iamnot said...

You need to get back on that horse em. I'd hate to see this thing fester.
Go on a few bad dates...what's that going to hurt?

4:16 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

I'd totally date you. . .And we're ALREADY friends. I think we have a shot!

8:10 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Iamnot: you are right. I don't want to get back on the horse but I really do need to. But I HATE dating. It's horrible & awkward & yuck.

Jess: You're on.

11:41 AM

 
Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

Why don't you date J????? And I agree you need to just jump in head first...see what you like, don't like and start anew!

1:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home