ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Alphabet MeMe


Okay, so I'm completely lost on how to begin writing right now. I flew back to Chicago for a very short 68 hours over Christmas & my head's more or less boycotting any sort of intellectual thought process (except for reading....which I've been doing pretty much all day). So in the spirit of the holidays (indulgence), I figured I'd do the alphabet meme.

A - Attached or Single? Single. And very happy that way for right now. I have little free time between work, school, ballet & spending time with my amazing friends. That little time is reserved for me. None of which I'm willing to give up at this point for someone I feel lukewarm about. I guess I'm trying to say that he'd have to be pretty special.
B - Best Friend? Schmale. And Jaimers. And Doba. And Ian. And Taylor. And Colleen. And Farrah. And Meow.
C - Cake or Pie? Pie. (unless it's ice cream cake.....but that beats everything. ever.) There is nothing like a perfect piece of apple pie heated with cinnamon ice cream.
D - Drink of Choice? Ginger ale & cranberry juice. If we're talking booze, then wine. Red in the winter, white in the summer.
E - Essential Item(s)? Books, music & cell phone (so that I can talk to the people far away who I love very much)
F - Favorite Color? This is unfair. But if I had to choose probably blue. And pink. And white. And green. And yellow. I guess, pretty much everything but orange. I don't really like orange.
G - Gummi Bears or Worms? Worms. Hands down
H - Hometown? I was born in Cedar Rapids, IA, but I consider Chicago my hometown.
I - Indulgence? Uh, where do I start with this? Um, wine, expensive dinners, Oilily, incredibly luxurious bath products, books, music.....I've been buying a LOT of books & music lately.
J - January or February? January. February can eat a bag of dicks. Although skiing tends to be better in February so I SHOULD like it better. But I don't. February sucks for personal reasons.
K - Kids? I'd certainly like to have them. Tick. Tick. Tick. Just kidding. I have a back-up plan.
L - Life is incomplete without… Love. And compassion.
M - Marriage Date: Ha! Well, while I was back in Chicago I bought myself a small diamond ring so I guess whenever I decide to hold the ceremony!!
N - Number of Siblings: One younger brother. He's one of my best friends and I love him more than I could ever express in words.
O - Oranges or Apples? Apples. An apple & cheese is one of my fav meals.
P - Phobias/Fears: Honestly, right now I don't really think that I have any other than getting stung by a bee, which would mean that I'd have to use the Epipen I carry with me everywhere. So I guess it's more that I'm afraid to use an Epipen.
Q - Favorite Quote: (this is one of my favorites....there are many, many more) New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. The more truth we have to work with, the richer we become.-KV
R - Reasons to Smile? There are a million, including living the very charmed life I lead. For today: George, Henry, Jesse, finishing yet another book & a Parisian sammich from Cardullo's for dinner.
S - Season? Fall and spring. I really can't choose between turning of leaves & cooling off & blooming of flowers & warming up. Summer & Winter are at a tie, too, because while I love them both, the extreme heat & cold are uncomfortable. But I like the fall & spring more.
T - Tag Three: Jannelle, Brooklyn Sea Hag & Texas Cinderella.
U - Unknown Fact About Me: I floss every morning.
V - Vegetarian or Oppressor of Animals? At this point I actually eat very little meat but fish. And have contemplated going veggie again but then remember how much I like a good steak. And really, why would anyone live without hot dogs?
W - Worst habits? Smoking. Hands down, smoking.
X - X-rays or Ultrasounds? Uhhhhh....are we talking what would you rather have or what is the best? Because is certainly differs with symptoms & state of condition or whatever. Since I've had about a million x-rays at this point & no ultrasounds I'll go with X-rays. (Ir)Regardless, this question is stupid.
Y - Your Favorite Foods: First & foremost ice cream. Then Italian & sushi.
Z - Zodiac: Cancer (I'm a moody bitch)

So that's that. Time to change laundry. And to tell George & Henry how fantastic they are. And to start another book.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Kyle said...

Do you realize you were born about three hours from where I was born (Decorah, IA)?

10:11 PM

 
Blogger Jess said...

#1. Bag of dicks=funniest phrase of the month
#2 Reading=the best thing I, too, do all the time. ALL THE TIME. I can no longer feel my legs sometimes.
#3 Orange can suck a bag of dicks.

That is all. Love ya.

8:39 AM

 
Blogger Sun Follower said...

Ha ha - February DOES suck a bag of dicks! Excellent!

1:33 AM

 
Blogger Captain Bee said...

Red wine is the devil. It makes me do things I regret, if I remember them at all. White wine all year round.

1:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home