ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner


If your guess is Dad, then your guess is correct!

Yep. Got final word today that Dad's flying in on Friday for a weekend of whatever we feel like doing. Unfortunately, there isn't a Red Sox game but I'm going to feel around for Celtics tickets & see if by some act of god there are tickets for sale. Chances are slim to nill but eh, who knows if you don't try.

After an incredibly stressful last couple weeks at work, crying at my desk, having a puss on & pretty much being the most irritable person I can be, this lightened my mood times 100.

So the rest of the week includes Sweatpants Party (tomorrow), a fancy dinner with patients at the MFA on Thursday with a private, guided viewing of the current exhibit, studying whenever I can (but don't feel incredibly stressed since even if I show up to the final I get a B) & frolicing through what will hopefully be a lovely-weathered Boston.

Then next week is the Final, another possible trip to the MFA, Ballet Ruses (another hopeful!) & on Friday morning I pick Mommy up from the airport for a nice, long weekend of relaxing, eating entirely too much & again, skipping around this lovely little city!

How did a girl ever get so lucky?

And on a more serious note, how did I let myself get so monotonous & depressed lately? I could go into logistics, blame work or being busy or winter. But then I realized that I haven't looked forward to something in a while. Like 6 months a while. Yes, I was really excited to visit NYC for Thanksgiving but that proved to be an incredibly emotional & raw trip. Issues were brought out into the open that had festered for quite some time.

Hey Asshole! Deal with me!!! And so I did. I hope.

Anyways, a funny thing happened on the way to the opera(ballet) last week. I left work to meet up with Joe & pals. On my walk to work, the little wrappy skirt I was wearing kept almost flying open because of heavy winds. Annoying. So walking to the train that evening I was careful to walk awkwardly with one arm on the skirt flap. When I noticed it was riding up a little. So I shifted my bag & it was better but then the bag would fall back & I just kind of gave up, tugging on the front of the skirt, which was completely down. Upon crossing the traintracks I went to yank the sides only to find that the sides had ridden completely up, as well as the bum part.

Shakin' that ass.

No joke, I flashed the D line. Luckily, the tights I was wearing are heavy-duty Lohan pants type tights (you know, the tights that LiLo wears with a shirt & thinks are pants) so nothing was seen. Except for a beet-red face. And after laughing at myself outloud & turning to wait for the train some guy who was behind me passed me & gave me a smile & a wink. OMG! This douchematron didn't even stop to tell me that my tighted ass was exposed to people but instead took the peep show & smiled at me about it.

But at least that day is over & the next like 2 weeks are pretty much promised to be the awesomest ever with BOTH of my parents coming in for visits & hugs & walking through gardens.

On that note, I need to clean out my car.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger jaysie said...

winter's over. stimulus BS is done. and we all unintentionally show our ass in public once in a while. spring has sprung. things are looking up, tron!
*heart*
jaysie

10:18 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Yes. Stimulus insanity is pretty much over. In the midst of it I had a P01 due (that was the 474 page monster). And so is winter. And so is the last year in a couple weeks.

Miss you.

10:23 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

Life without something to look forward too is not really so much life. I am glad you have something to look forward to!

10:46 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Thank you. It's been a while, like I said.

Hope you have something to look forward to as well.
Maybe another one of your favorites will travel near you soon.

11:16 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

I hope so! John Vanderslice is touring soon!

11:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home