ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I'm the kinda that you wanna


Just a few things.

For starters, I figured it out.

What out, dumdum?


Why people can't walk in Boston.

Oh yeah, did you do your stupid survey?

No. But it dawned on me while walking home from pilates (btw, I've decided that this is the summer of Operation Titty Shrink) I realized.....these people aren't just WALKING, they're playing a game of Red Rover!

Wait, what the hell is Operation Titty Shrink? Are you getting a reduction? You do realize that will smash any chance of you getting laid or a husband.

Operation Titty Shrink is my plan for getting back into shape. I almost called it Operation Linda Hamilton Arms but that's a bit lofty don't you think?

I'm bored with your boobs. What is this Red Rover Theory?

Yeah, so people just walk in horizontal lines here & don't let you pass. At all. It's really bad. So instead of being frustrated with this, I will run through people who walk like this & proclaim "WOOOOO!!! I WON SUCKAS!!! I MADE IT THROUGH YOUR RED ROVER WALL!!!"

With your soon-to-be teensy boobs?

Exactly.

Oh jesus, I can not wait to hear stories about this.

How to make the 11 o'clock news by Emertron.


Another holiday weekend has come and gone. Currently, I've found that nice calm place in my self again. Hopefully it'll stick around for a while. You know, that place where things just kind of roll off your back & in lieu of going out & doing things, I'm saying no to about half of the social obligations I'm invited to.

Not only acting picky about the dudes (not that they're lined up outside my door or anything) but also regarding social engagements. I'd much rather opt for nice, chill, intimate evenings with friends than large parties. I also haven't talked on the phone on my way to or home from work.

Silence is golden.

When it's all chaotic I tend to obsess, especially about where I need to be next rather than taking the time to be where I am in that present, & really, that's not a comfortable place. I've also come to realize that like in Chicago (& everywhere I've lived....although, I'm basing the solidity of this off of my adult life because, well, come on, childhood friends are a crapshoot sometimes), the friends I make tend to lean towards a diverse group. Not like we're the colors of Benetton but that there isn't a "we". Which makes for an incredible support system but awkward birthday parties.

I don't know what it is but I'm not really a groupy-type person. For as long as I remember I've been in group-spurring activities: cheerleading, gymnastics, swimming, drama, radio stations, sorority, etc. but it just never really formed into specific groups of people. Just ended up gaining some very close friends kind of all over the place. And it's not like I'm that girl who everyone loves because plenty of people dislike me or we're just not pals.

It's an interesting feeling when you realize those little things about yourself. Not that you're oblivious but really confronting it & owning that as part of your personality. Part of it is that although I'm generally quite extrovert, in order to keep sanity, I absolutely must have a good amount of "alone" or "me" time & become incredibly introverted. Walking around new neighborhoods, watching teevee on deeveedee, playing the flute (which should have tipped me off like 16 years ago when I didn't fit in with the high school band & instead stuck with private lessons & playing on my own or in small groups), reading a book in the grass at a random park. During those times I ignore my phone (unless it's something super-important) & just zone out. Sometimes it gets lonely but mostly, those times allow me to reflect about what's really going on.

And recharge.

Speaking of which, it's television time for me.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

OpenID pliggot said...

I so understand that. I could be around most people, but I need my personal time first and foremost. I am glad you are getting yours.

1:32 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

I'm just happy to hear I'm not alone (PUN ALERT!) in those feelings. I know so many people who constantly need to be with others & don't like alone time. Like when the ex lived with me & wouldn't leave the house (seriously, other than class refused to leave the apt) & I was like "dude, I need some me time, leave me alone or at least study in the freaking extra room" & he was like "you walk home from work alone, isn't that enough?"....."no, no it is not, now I'm going to go sit outside in the freezing cold & drink a bottle of wine in an hour & forget that you're here". Yes, very healthy.

10:18 AM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

We all need our time. I see it as we like a person for who they are... right? So, we should let them be WHO THEY ARE and part of that is us having our time too.

3:52 AM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Right. On.

Have you heard the Muscles song titled "Ice Cream"? If not, I'd highly recommend googling it. The lyrics are magical!

1:52 PM

 
Anonymous Jess said...

I'm with you on the diverse friends thing. Everyone is different and their only commonality is. . . you. You can't really get the band back together, but it does make for a nice and varied life.
Also, being alone is nice. It's underrated. GOD, we're samrt.

8:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home