ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Sunday, May 17, 2009

I've Spent My Life Trying to Understand Just How My Life Led to Where I Am


Happy Independence Day!

You idiot. Independence Day isn't in May. It's in July. 3 days before your birthday, in fact. Have you completely lost it? Is this because you still can't get laid?

No. This has nothing to do with the lack of layage. It's MY Independence Day! I have been single for a WHOLE YEAR! Can you believe it?!?!

Yes. And this absolutely is about you not getting laid.

Hhhmmm....guess you're right on that one. So anyways, this weekend has been all about me. And being good to me.

Oh yeah? How about getting you laid? I know you say it's okay, but I know you get down about not getting any man love.

No dice. But really.....oh well. In the last year I've gained more respect & love for myself than I've ever had. I've paid my own way. Been to several new places. Don't feel tied to a job. Got into grad school. Paid off a good chunk of debt. Been free & clear of an abusive relationship. Found out that that I'm dancing company classes. Oh, and did I mention getting into grad school?

What an amazing feeling.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

my independence day was 11 days ago. still celebrating!

8:16 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

WOOOOHOOOOOO!!! Good for you. Also, it's been too long. Would love to catch up.

9:57 PM

 
Blogger Texas Cinderella said...

Congrats!!! xo

5:23 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

Happy Independence Day!

1:51 AM

 
Blogger BSH ADMIN said...

GOOD STUFF! Is that your baby? Did you upgrade from cats?

12:21 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Thank you, thank you & thank you:)

Nope, that's the little girl I babysit for, though. No upgrades for a while, although there was that month when I was like "i should have a baby & move to vermont & buy a farm". Wee Dalia takes care of my fix for now.

3:02 PM

 
Anonymous Jess said...

Ahem. The Vermont farm thing. . . were you just jesting? Cuz I for cereal will one day walk down the aisle with you there and raise cows.

8:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home