ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Brewing


There are some items on the horizon that are either in full swing or infancy. Some of which I can talk about. One of which I don't want to jinx so I'm not going to say anything about. None of which have to do with dating, as I've finally figured out that I'll need to move to a different city (NYC, perhaps?) to find anything worthwhile.

Item #1: I'm moving to another neighborhood of Boston, Coolidge Corner. (at this point I'm pretty sure that since the only people who read this I know & would gladly invite into my apartment that I'm safe) It's adorable & clean & there are like a million restaurants & shops around the area. I used to walk through on my way to the Farbs in the morning & evenings & pretty much fell in love with it 3 years ago. Despite it being out of my way at this point to & from work, I still visit it frequently for a great places to eat, dry cleaners, THE GYM, & bang-cutter? And it's a one bedroom. NO PANTS PARTY ALL THE TIME! Tiny? Yes. Will I get irritated at some things? Yes. Affordable? Barely. Happening? Hell to the yeah.

Item #2: Work's been insanely busy and I've been pulled closer into the Dean's Office. This is both flattering & an awesome move from focusing my time on one prof mainly. It certainly makes me feel more like I'm an integral part of what's moving forward & I really like it. Rather than just being told what to do, I'm asked my opinion on issues & really, that's very encouraging.

Item #3: This is by far the prettiest Spring in Boston so far. (for the allergies, it's sucked hard core but I'm willing to pay the price) The weather has been great after a summer of rain & a winter of rain. Rain can suck it. Except, of course, for a thunderstorm here & there. Those are wonderful to sleep to & cool everything off.

Item #4: I'm mostly packed at this point. All of the cupboards are empty despite not leaving until July 1. Plates, cups, cooking stuff...all in boxes. At first it freaked me out since there's only one pot & one pan (cooking simple things) but really, it's summer, the grill's still here & you can eat a hot dog with a paper towel.

Item #5: Man, I love exercising. I'd taken a week off but am back yogaing, spinning & all that beautiful Seratonin that goes with it. And there's another two pluses to Item #1 here....the gym is moving to 3 blocks from my new apartment and there's a ballet studio a half of a block away that has an Intermediate/Advanced class on Sunday mornings. Hello new church.

For the first time in a while I have quite a bit to really look forward to. Yeah, I have that whole Masters thing but it's so far off (a year & a half?) that excitement waned Fall semester. And to be honest, this first Summer semester is Law & 3.25 hours of that on Thursdays after a day of work is not something to look forward to. Believe me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger literating said...

Coolidge Corner is one of the best spots in Boston - congratulations on the move! I'm moving to Somerville in a few weeks, but hope to make my way towards Coolidge at some point. Good luck!

2:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home