ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Monday, October 04, 2010

There's a Rosebud in My Bathtub...

...and other idiotic things that came into my mind today.

What a weekend! I did next to nothing out of the ordinary & it was awesome. Cleaned the hell out of my apartment. Had lunch with friends. Went to ballet on Sunday morning. Looked at real estate.

Wait, what? Didn't you just move?

Yep. And won't be again for a while but want to get a head start on what to expect to pay in this neighborhood.

You don't make shit. How are you going to afford to buy a home? Prostitution? Prostitutes with big boobs make a lot of money so you could do quite well for yourself.

Nothing illegal or demoralizing.

Don't try it til you knock it.

So yeah, I happened to stumble on to an open house in an old Georgian I used to walk by everyday. Unfortunately, I don't have 1.1 million dollars laying around...and then some because the decorating desperately needs redone. Hunter green wallpaper in the bedroom and carpet. Boo. Carpet.

Anyway, walking home a little bummed that my Barbie Dream House was a bit of a let down (also, no working fireplace in the master bedroom), I came upon another open house. A little bit more in my price range but still not really my style. Building is from the '60s & while it was okay, I really don't need a 2 bedroom. One is enough for me right now. No roommates necessary. I will say, though, that the set up was nice in that the second "bedroom" was more of a space for a desk & small bed for guests.

Ha ha ha! You don't have guests.

True. Which is all the more reason to stick to just enough space that I need.

So realtor lady & I chatted it up a bit & turns out that she has a one bedroom across the street from where I live now in a lovely building for a lot closer to what I expect to pay (or possibly could). The lay out is fantastic. And while I'm not currently looking to move immediately, she said that units in that building with that lay out open up from time to time.

Yay!

You know what's not 'YAY'? The movie Happiness. Holy shit. This is fucked up. "Dark Comedy" is a bit of a stretch. I mean, I get how this is hilarious because it's just so weird & twisted, but um, some of the subject matter is just wrong. Lots of really really wrong.

And with that I will tuck myself in & hope to hell that I have no Happiness dreams. Eek.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home