ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Just Don't Know What to Do With Myself

No Second Date. Let's just leave it at that. With this, I am 120% fine. Nice guy. Pals.

So today I was afforded me the opportunity to come straight home after work and I took it. No, I'm not getting used to it & quite frankly, I'd be bored out of my mind if I didn't have something to do in the evenings most nights of the week.

Mad, I tell you!

Instead of flitting hither and thither and all, I watched television, cross-stitched, took a bath, did laundry, and made dinner. Pretty normal, huh? I also put on Bon Iver. And wow, this is like an instant emotion bringer to the surfacer. In a good way. But it's made me feel like being quiet. Don't want to talk. Don't want to converse, rather.

Soak it all in.

Which is what I'll be doing with the rest of the evening. Staying quiet. Letting what needs to wash over me and away, or hold on to it, if appropriate. 2010 has been one hell of a year. Sometimes literally hell.

I would have said before that I can't wait for this cycle to be done with it. But the awful and wonderful truth is that it's never done. Until you're done. That decision was made for me earlier this year. And I couldn't feel more grateful for it. And now it's time for me to show some gratitude to a stripey kitty on my lap who's been reaching up to my face with his adorable, little paw, trying to get my attention.

Mom, down here.

So there I shall go.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

OpenID pliggot said...

Shit. Bon Iver...

11:27 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Shit good, I assume. So so so so shit good, in my opinion.

10:03 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

He's not bad. His voice is difference. But I was more like "shit, depressing songs".

11:48 AM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

HIs voice is difference? Man, I gotta quit smoking rocks.

12:46 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Oh yeah, depressing. But for some reason For Emma reminds me of how much I like my nights alone. Run a nice bath, put that on, lay in the tub and read. Mmmmm....there are perks to winter.

12:47 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

A lot of people look down on lone winter nights... although the alternative is much more appealing, there is still something to be said for the nice nights alone with a good album to keep you company.

That sounds like a bad hallmark card, but it is still true.

Damien Jurado is my Bon Iver.

7:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home