ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Monday, October 03, 2011

Whirlwind Twirlwind


So. This morning I dragged myself out of a warm, comfy bed on Bleecker and Mercer to "smart walk" (you know, the walk when you want to go fast but look silly and like you are a WOMAN ON A MISSION) up to the Union Square subway stop at 6 fucking o'clock this morning. I was smart walking, for sure. In a summer dress with tights and a million lb bag because it was stuffed full of my computer and research and cookies from Milk Bar (this is how I get shit done around here...cookies) and a beautiful new dress.

My mission was to make the 7 o'clock Bolt bus back to Boston because I'd missed the Sunday afternoon one I was supposed to make. Whoops is right. And really, I did not so much want to come home. The past couple times that I've been to New York I've felt a bit melancholy about heading home. Hell, in July a cried on the bus as we were leaving Manhattan. I was also letting one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me (thank you mandy) sink in and was whimpering a little with tears quietly rolling down my face as I gazed out the window in one of those really dramatic moments. I bet the rest of the bus thought that my boyfriend had just broken up with me or something.

This time I watched Leaving Las Vegas. Not the best decision I've made in my life.

So this picture was what I saw as I was normal walking down 34th Street this morning (after I knew that I would make it to 34th & 8th on time). And you know, I really could get used to this view. I love New York. That city makes me fall for it a little more every time I'm there. The energy. The food. The ballet classes. The people. I stayed at Physics John's place again. Be he was in Baltimore with his family so I had the whole place to myself. And I did what any other normal person would do with an apartment on Manhattan.

Walked around in my underpants. And ate cookies. Fucking heaven.

So I twirled around Saturday morning in the ballet studio. And had lunch with the ladies. And cuddled my baby cousin. And even went to a party in Brooklyn (isn't that supposed to be where all of the hip people are or something?). And I am fully aware that all of my happy occurrences would be different if I moved down to NYC. But this weekend also made me realize that I could afford to head down there about once/month. Wouldn't that be nice? Maybe we'll stretch it to every 8 weeks.

It also made me realize that I am going to be needing a vacation here soon. Or like a longer than 48 hour trip somewhere outside of Brookline. Winter's coming.....time to update that passport because we need to head south.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home