ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sleeeeeeeeeepy.

So. I keep being like "I should write some stuff down I keep having these deeeeeeep thoughts" and then I forget them or I get too busy doing other stuff or whatever. Earlier today, on my way to Charlestown I was walking from the Green Line to the Orange line at Park Street and thought about how poetic felt. I've been jamming on Junip this weekend and kind of bopped through the corridor.

Recently I've been really torn. Like I am fully aware of my singledom. And am generally perfectly fine and content with it. But the holidays do weird things to you. Especially when I realized that I have not had a date in a year. Yes, a FULL YEAR. That is a long goddamn time. Especially especially when that last date was a single date. Not like a string of dates. One. Since like 9 months prior to that.

Now, I know what you're thinking....go online. No. I absolutely refuse to do online dating. Oh, you weren't thinking that? You were thinking that I should just shut the hell up? Probably. But I have to be honest with myself that it would be nice. It's been so long since I've actually been interested in and it's gone somewhere. Yeah, there have been a couple crushes lately but no reciprocation. How? I don't know. Who doesn't want a fat ballerina with cats who answers work emails at 11 o'clock on a Saturday night? Now I'm just whiney. Like that ridiculous movie I was tricked into seeing tonight...Breaking Dawn.

Have you seen this? It's awful. And it would be so awful in that way that's kind of awesome. But as soon as the Pro-Life propaganda started I tuned it all out completely. Awful. Total bullshit. We're all allowed our own opinions. But you see, a lot of 19-year-olds are going to start thinking that getting knocked up is a great idea. Mark my words....teen pregnancy is going to go through the roof. (please teens prove me wrong but when i'm not do not expect sympathy)

So anyway, I'm sitting in this movie, growing anger and plotting the take-down of the Twilight empire because it is CLEARLY WRONG. Just like how Oprah and her little pal, Dr. Phil, will someday see their demise on my watch. But then I realize that these things are really not helping me out in the date department.

Back on track...I've been finishing about a book/week lately. Just finished "Dry" by Augusten Burroughs. Wowzers. It's awesome. Speaking of awesome, I have clean sheets on my bed and a new book calling my name and I am all worn out from feeling combative toward tween movies. I'm never getting another date again.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger erin said...

Also she like blacks out while he fucks her and wakes up all beat up, WTF. At least that's what happened in the book which I read even though all it did was alternately freak me out and get me angry.

4:16 PM

 
OpenID pliggot said...

fuck finding someone on the net, seriously. do what makes you happy and the perfect way to get at oprah and dr. phil is a elevator accident or have them clawed to death by vampire tweens... at a kings of leon show...

7:36 PM

 
Blogger emertron said...

Erin-YES. She totally blacks out and then wakes up all banged up. And then he is like "i can't touch you" but she is all sexy to him and he is TEMPTED. Then they fight all the time. It's so codependent. These kids are going to think that relationships like that are AYE OKAY. And they are NOT.

Stephen-you just made me so happy visualizing Oprah and Dr. Phil being clawed to death by vampire tweens. HA HA HA HA HA KINGS OF LEON!!!

10:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home