ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Friday, December 30, 2011

Melancholia

Wow, this has been a week of movies. What a wonderful way to escape...a dark room and a movie projector.

Perfect way to close out this week. The days off have been great. A time to relax and catch up on sleep and laze around. But circumstances have left me with a lot on my mind and plenty of space to ruminate. Not a good combination. Fortunately, tomorrow sends me right back into a normal routine, which is exactly what I need right now.

So anyway, The Skin I Live In was a trip of twisted reality but always returns to a content resolution. And even though Almodovar consistently ties in social issues, it is all merely a story, in typical Spanish style. Melancholia was more or less based in reality until the end, and seemed to have a message. Not that I agree with or against whatever Lars Van Trier was supposedly saying, but that's something that I try to lean against. Movies with a message. I take things waaaaay too seriously to be putting myself into that place. (see: Twilight!!)

Anyway, it was still terribly entertaining. And achieved a level of discomfort that is incredibly difficult to achieve in that medium. And I never thought that I would say this...but hats off to Kiki Dunst. She did a pretty incredible job. Granted, the director certainly took advantage of situations. But all around...fantastic.

Time for pizza and a Frazier marathon. My brain's a mush.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home