ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Pants-free Wednesday Night

Yep. Sitting on the couch. Munching on some toffee. Not wearing pants. And getting pretty close to packing it up for the night. Technically, I need to go into the office tomorrow and Friday. But I probably won't get in until around noon. And won't be staying until 8. The perks of flexibility.

So tonight I went to a class called Body Attack. It's 30 minutes of cardio. And essentially we just jumped up and down to some cheeseball faux rave music. And it was kind of awesome. There were these girls in class who are in high school. Remember high school? It was sooooo long ago. Like a lifetime ago. Or at least half of mine.

They were not the glory days that the song promised.

Anyway, that was kind of weird. To be around 16 year olds. They're like these little egos of tornado just waiting to happen. If I could go back and tell my 16 year old self something I don't even know where I'd start. I mean, I guess I could be like "don't drink and do drugs because they will really hinder your performance as a human being in all areas". But chances are I wouldn't feel as grateful as I do had I not experienced everything I have. Or I could be like "listen, focus on anything in the world other than boys". Or I could be like "do not let go of this relationship...it's a lot better than you thought and this kid is going to grow up and make something awesome of his life". Or probably more like "spend as much time as you can with your tried and true friends because those are the people who will get you through your life and help you feel good about yourself and you'll get to do the same thing back".

But you can't do that. And like a very good friend of mine says "these are the good old days so you better enjoy them". And you know what? She is right. Thank goodness me now knows to spend as much time as I can with my best pals and enjoy each other.

Time for dinner...it's a camembert with fig spread on a cracker kind of night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home