ardent bullshit comes down every faultline gushing heavily into jest kindly luscious melons nodding openly post quakes resting still to undermind various wonderous xylophones yawning zealously

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Brown Boxes

Now I really really really have almost all of the packing done. Just sweeping up little things here and there. Putting smaller boxes into a big box and writing B (for bathroom) on the side sorts of final activities. The move still doesn't quite feel completely real. Like I KNOW that I will be living on Manhattan in a week but for today I am still in Brookline with all of my usual things. 

But soon I will have all new sounds in my apartment. And some new smells in the hallway. New fancy restaurants where I go for oysters. All of that feels like a fun new adventure. 

Tonight John and I went on a motorcycle ride after our fancy dinner. It was the last ride on his beautiful, old bike I will have for a while. There won't be my John with his sailboat and old motorcycle and smile and laugh and kind eyes on Manhattan. Sure, I get to visit him in my mind and I take a piece of him wherever I go in unlimited quantities. But I am a supremely selfish person and want to see my people whenever I want. We'll have to say "hey are you busy this weekend? okay how about we plan to have a lunch on that day blah blah blah" rather than a quick "LET'S GO SAILING NOW" text message.

Needless to say, these last few years in Boston I have been spoiled by the amount of love I feel and experience on a daily basis. But it is time to move on and go to graduate school again and become a research clinician and do all of that. Fortunately, Boston isn't completely done with me, as I am not done with it. Between the friends and work that are still here, (did I mention that I am keeping my job and working from NYC?) guess I'll be back pretty regularly. It won't be the same. But nothing that is sustainable stays static. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home